Tuesday 14 June 2011

F is for.....Feng Shui

I'll start by holding my hands up and saying I'm not sure that I subscribe to this concept to its fullest extent. However, I do find that the more cluttered and untidy my house is, so the more cluttered and chaotic my brain feels. And when it feels like that I just have to tidy up. It doesn't matter how illogical it seems or how bad the timing is, but it has.to.be.done.right.there.and.then.

Now there will be those of you who know me well who will be rolling on the floor laughing at this point. And so would I be if there was any clear floor to roll on. Nonetheless, we all have our own limits when it comes to clutter and mine was well and truly exceeded this weekend.

So it was on with the marigolds and out with the hoover. Four hours and three hooversworth of dust/fluff later (I can't believe I just admitted that) I felt I'd made some headway and my brain was finally focusing. True my Woolfest preparations were half a day behind but I know I'll be more efficient with a less cluttered brain (and some visible floor!). (And now is the time to visit if you please, whilst the tidiness lasts!).

I'm too embarrassed for a before and after piccie, so you'll have to imagine how tidy it all looks....

This link was brought to you by the ABC Meme. Find more Fs here

7 comments:

pinkundine said...

I know what you mean - if my house is too messy, my brain is too. I can never get anything done. But I hate housework... It's a neverending struggle ;)

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

I am the exact same way! I'm not neat as a pin by any stretch of the imagination but there is a point that my house can get to (thanks to my family) that I just lose all focus and ability to think. The only thing that I can do is tidy up. It used to happen all the time when I was working - full stop on all production because it felt as though my desk threw up and it needed to be rectified.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who does this! Awesome!!

Emma (GirlAnachronismE) said...

I know exactly what you mean, sometimes it just gets too much, and then when it's all clean you feel so much happier!
It's been bad where I live because the hoover doesn't work, so we can never make it clean!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your tidiness while it lasts! Doesn't it seem like it's picked one day and completely trashed the next? How does that happen??

NorthernDyes said...

For me it's painting. Drove JW crazy this week when he came in to find me throwing everything in the entry out onto the porch willy nilly and explaining that the room would no longer be billiard green (don't ask. Not my proudest color choice.) Luckily after all these years he's learned to grumble very quietly while he helps me move the heavy stuff. ;D

Julie said...

Yep, I can't work when there's a mess and I find a tidy up very therapeutic.

Debbie said...

So nice to know I'm not alone, too! A work friend of mine used to call his a "clear the decks day" - very therapeutic!

(And Libby, you can come here and paint any time - my house is well overdue a fresh lick of paint).

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf