Wednesday 4 March 2009

Girl power!

Never let it be said that dyers aren't a resourceful bunch. My shower has been blocked for the last few days and no amount of plunging would do the trick. Enter Mum with her diy shower degunging recipe and, would you know it, all the "ingredients" were in my dyestudio!

So, a liberal dose of sodium carbonate down the plug, followed by a good glug of dissolved citric acid and wait for the fizz. When it stops fizzing, sloosh it all down with some boiling water and hey presto! one fully functioning shower. Mr Muscle - pah! Give me some good, old-fashioned bucket chemistry any day.

(And we won't mention that it was blocked up by liberal use of Lush's "snap the whip" body butter and sparkly soap - oops).

4 comments:

natalie said...

Snap the whip?

I am seeing a whole new side of you, Debbie.

Debbie said...

When I strip off that dye-spattered apron and whip off the marigolds, there's no telling what can happen.. (apart from me crashing out on the settee with pizza and an episode of CSI).

Crobbles said...

Mum's are fab aren't they?

We're Buffy the Butt Slayer fans here :-)

Debbie said...

Oooerr, Missus! Maybe it's a knitter-thing?

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf