Wednesday 25 February 2009

Locking horns at Dunham Massey

snowdrops at Dunham Massey
Spring is sprung!

Nick, Clare, Jack and the family labrador, Toby, came to visit on Sunday and the crisp, dry day inspired a short stroll round Dunham Massey, along the canal, finishing up at the Axe and Cleaver for coffee and cakes (well, okay, we started at the National Trust cafe for lunch and cakes too, but we did walk off at least some of the calories, honest!).

Dunham Massey's young deer lock hornsNow I have worked out the cropping tool in photoshop I can share a couple of the pics. Will took this one of the young deer jostling for position in the herd - isn't it fab?

Old StumpyWood nymphThese are new wood sculptures made from some of the older trees which had to be cut down as they were becoming unsafe. The whole area is enclosed by fencing so I hope this means there will be more. They are really quite magical, but it's hard to appreciate them properly from the other side of a fence!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Flowers! You have flowers! I'm so jealous!

Bella Bobs said...

I love Dunham Massey. You've made me all homesick now! :o)

Debbie said...

Hi Ruth, The snowdrops have just emerged in the last week or so. There were some lovely crocus patches too and the daffodils are just about ready to flower. I love Spring!

Dunham is so pretty, isn't it? We found some pics of us there in deep snow when Will was just a baby. Gosh, that was 14 years ago - no wonder I looked so much younger and less wrinkly : )

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf