Tuesday 23 November 2010

October clubs - The Day Dream


I'm a real fan of the Pre-Raphaelites and Dante Gabriel Rossetti is definitely in my top three. This month's inspiration was from one of my personal favourite works, The Day Dream. Painted in 1880 and said to be inspired by William Morris' wife, Jane, she is langorous, seductive yet somehow unattainable (which is just as well if she was based on someone else's wife!).

I softened the tones for the Falkland roving as the colour will intensify on spinning.



And for richness and texture, Fibre Adventure Club added silk noil and the curly sheen of soft grey Gotland x Shropshire fleece.



Sock club was a layer-dyed semi-solid on a superwash Bluefaced Leicester yarn.


No comments:

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf