Tuesday 28 July 2009

July club pics - Kingfisher

In a feat of unprecedented efficiency, here are the club fibres for July before the end of July - amazing!

Roving medley this month was one of my fave fibres, British Bluefaced Leicester. It is so soft, sleek and lustrous.


For Fibre Adventure club members, this month was a 4-fibre texture-fest (try saying that after a few drinks!) with BFL roving, jacob fleece, silk noil and silk throwsters waste (above).


This month's colourway was kingfisher. I wanted to capture both the shine of the sleek feathers glistening with water with the softer-coloured chest feathers. The shiny throwsters (bottom right) reflects the jewel tones of the wet feathers, the muted tones of the jacob (bottom left) and silk noil (middle right) pick out the soft underfeathers and the BFL (top) brings the pieces together with both slight lustre and soft tones.

No comments:

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf