Monday 31 December 2012

Dyeing weekend with Grampian Guild




 What an epic drive but what a great weekend! Eight hours on the road each way, amazing scenery and a lucky break with the weather probably covers the journey nicely. Naturally there wasn't much chance to take photies en route but I couldn't resist trying to get a few snaps of the fantastic feats of engineering that are the Forth road and rail bridges. I can see these amazing structures featuring in some of my design work in future...






After a very comfortable evening and a most excellent veggie breaksfast we made our way to Chapel Garioch for two days of colourful fun!

We experimented with lots of techniques from solid colours,


Ball dyeing


Blank canvas sock blank painting

 And handpainting

We dyed handspun

Fleece

Silk hankies


Fabric

Sock blanks

Scarves

We even kept the napkins we used to soak up excess dyes for papermaking!

Thanks for a great weekend, ladies!

No comments:

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf