Thursday 4 June 2009

Sock club catch-up pics

And not before time, I give you the April sock club colourway - "Wildfire" in stunning superwash merino/tencel.....


And without further ado, May's colourway - "Gothique", on a base yarn of superwash Bluefaced Leicester/nylon.....


Two very different dyeing styles on two equally special, but different bases. Wildfire will knit up into a semi-striping sock and has a gentle sheen courtesy of the tencel content. Gothique (rather darker and more subdued than it appears in this pic), is a dark and mysterious brew - it has rich, deep violet and black tones with flashes of intense cerise. I cannot tell a lie - I couldn't resist keeping one of these for a new shawl design - look out for something that wouldn't look out of place in an Evanescence video : )

1 comment:

Crobbles said...

Yummy colours :-)

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf